Thursday, April 21, 2005

SickSenseOfHumor.net Turns 1,000

LONG BEACH, CA - David Moreno, owner of the blog he calls SickSenseOfHumor.net, celebreated the site's 1,000th visit in the most obvious of ways--by posting an entry.

"It's a blog," says the 36-year-old magazine writer. "What else am I going to do? Cut the head off of a chicken? Eat Beer Nuts and pickles?"

And now you understand how the blog got its name.

Before posting his thoughts on anything from his day-to-day life or encounters with TV news reporters at the zoo, Moreno tried to build and maintain websites that were essentially blogs before the world knew what one was.

But he admits, "It was too much work for me. Even before I became a father, the whole idea of building and maintaining a website just overwhelmed me. It takes time. And now I just don't have much of it."

Enter the blog.

"Say what you want, but blogs are a godsend for writers such as myself. Love them or hate them, you can't ignore them."

Although he will occasionally rant about political issues, the father of one chooses to keep things lighthearted--even if the language is foul at times.

"The Internet has no censors. And that's great. I don't have to please anybody but myself. Not that I'm a narcissist or anything, but I get enough of people telling me how and what to write at work. This is my release."

In addition to writing what he feels, Moreno also posts links to websites he deems worthy of recognition as well as links to news stories for which he has an opinion.

As for his blog's 1,000 hits?

"I can't believe there's that many people out there with so little to do."

No comments: