Friday, September 30, 2005

Long Nights...

I just finished up transferring four DV tapes to my 80GB external hard drive. They chronicle Anthony's last 18 months, and take nearly 60GB of space. I could have easily copied them to my new computer's hard drive but I didn't want to take up all that space on it just yet. This process took three nights of staying up past midnight and since DV transfer is all real-time, it must be monitored. Ugh.

The next step is to edit out the crap--not sure if I'm up to that--then transfer it all to DVD. The tapes will then be archived.

Oh, and I officially began Christmas shopping! Sounds weird, I know, but I'm actually late this year. Ann and I make it a habit to do our shopping year-round so come Christmastime, we're not struggling for gift ideas. But I found a deal today that will make someone pretty happy. I can't post what it is since said person--my brother--reads this thing. So he'll have to wait until Christmas to find out, or his birthday in November.

Off to bed. The DVD burning begins tomorrow. At least that can be done without me watching over it.

No comments: