Wednesday, December 01, 2004

To Spit or Not to Spit...?

I was faced with an interesting dilemma the other morning.

During the course of our morning ritual, aka "packing up the kid", I found I had an incredible urge to spit. I had just eaten a bowl of cereal and the milk was beginning to mix with the saliva and...well, I had to get rid of it.

But I thought of something: When?

I hadn't yet kissed Ann or Anthony. If I spit beforehand, that would seem kind of nasty - hock a big loogie, wipe my mouth, kiss the loved ones goodbye? Nah.

Then I thought of the alternative: Kiss them and then spit. Yeah, that would have gone over really well with the wife I'm sure. Granted, she probably wouldn't have said anything but at least that shows I had some consideration for her.

I opted to wait until nobody was looking and then hurl it into the lawn.

Anthony didn't care either way.

No comments: