Friday, January 28, 2005

Good News, Bad News

First, the good.

I had to go to the dentist yesterday. While that may not sound like good news to anybody, it actually was. I had a filling fall out of a tooth some time ago and I never got it fixed. Since then, the tooth has begun to fall apart.

The good news was that after the exam, the doctor told me that a root canal was not necessary. The bad news? It'll have to be yanked out eventually and replaced with a bridge. Bah.

I guess I've been so damn paranoid of dentists because the last time I went in for major work I was still in my teens. They had to pull 4 permanent teeth and because this was in the days before oral surgeons had their own practices, the procedure was done in a GP (general practice) office and was all bloody and messy. I cringe just thinking about it.

Next step: a consultation with the oral surgeon. I hear he's pretty good so I feel better about it.

Two more [unrelated] entires will follow this one. Stay tuned.

No comments: