Friday, January 21, 2005

Updates!

Okay, it's Friday and it's a little slow at work today. Since I haven't had time at home I'll post an entry now.

The diet's going along well. While I can't see an immediate change, I can sure feel it. I am up to my last belt notch and am wearing pants I haven't worn since...well, ever. If I had to take a guess, I'd say I've lost almost 10 lbs. But have gained some back - in muscle. Jesus, my actually have muscle!

Ann is also experiencing the same changes. She's a bit frustrated I've told her to hang in there. Like me, her clothes are fitting larger.

We went to Wal-Mart and bought one of those Ab-Lounge exercise things to complement the Body Bow routine. The first time we tried it we could barely do more than 10 crunches. We were working out muscles we hadn't worked out in years. Now I can do about 40 of the regular crunches and about 15 of the others - in the morning and evening. I contribute that to part of our success.

Tax time has rolled around once again. As usual, it's not even the end of January and I'm done with them. Since I don't get along with numbers I don't trust myself to do my own taxes. We've been going to the same tax guy for years and since we now have a baby, this year we filed jointly. It paid off in spades. Let's just say I'm getting new tires on my car tomorrow, we're putting a nice amount into Anthony's piggy bank, paid off our Christmas debts, and still have money left.

In case you were wondering, the episode of American Dreams featuring my brother Raul as a TV new reporter will air on NBC at 8pm on March 6th. Screencaps will soon follow the airing.

Well, the boss is lurking. I see you next week!

No comments: