Sunday, January 30, 2005

Lose Yourself

I'm a gadget person. So it should come as no surprise to anyone that knows me that I bought a GPS unit. Ann is now upset because no matter where I go, I can still find my way home.

It came with standard roadmaps; nothing spectacular. In order to get more detailed maps you need to buy the software, which can run from $80 to $110 and up. Worth it, I suppose, if you do lots of driving - and I do.

I also ran into some bargains at Walgreen's today: a Uniden walkie-talkie for $4.45 (to go with my 2 Uniden and 2 Motorola units) and an Eveready AA/AAA battery charger for $2.30. How can I pass that up? I only wanted the Sunday paper but those'll do, too.

I remember I said I was going to write 2 more entires on my last post, but I can't remember what the other topic was going to be. Oh well.

No comments: