Sunday, February 27, 2005

Pics from the Zoo

Now that they are corrected and such, here are some pictures I took at the zoo with my new Kodak EasyShare DX6450 digital camera. This was the first true test and the camera held up well for over 120 pictures. I'd been researching digital cameras for at least a month before deciding on this one.

At any rate, here are some pics:


This one was taken with the digital zoom at maxed out. It took a while to get it to focus through the fence, which was a problem.


I was most impressed with the zoom and the flash distance. Here's a great example of both working in harmony.


The new entrance to the Los Angeles Zoo.



On our block...all of the guys...call her Flamingo...


A not-so-hungry-hungry-hungry hippo.

My overall impression with the camera is that it does the job, albeit slow. It takes time to start and focus, but the payoff results in images that are worth bragging about. These are small versions, too. Here's a link to a full-size image:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

All I need to do now is back them up onto CDs and I'm good.

Until next time...

No comments: