Monday, January 30, 2006

No Regrets

When I first bought my iPod, I had this sinking feeling I'd be regretting that decision. But after learning that the Zen Vision:M is partnered with Microsoft's PlayForSure MP3 system, I was glad I didn't buy it. I hear it can be a real pain the arse.

Besides, there's lots of cool accessories for the iPod:



I picked up this Boynq iCube at Target today for a mere $15 on clearance. I almost bought it a few days earlier at regular price: $39! I'm glad I waited! It's a charger/speaker system that works with just about any iPod. And I like it. BTW, the music playing (see display) is a ripped copy of my Depeche Mode X1 and X2 box set. Don't worry; you don't have it ;) It's that rare.

Other happenings: We went to Disneyland on Saturday and man, what an experience that was. Anthony was about as crabby as he could be for the first hour. In fact, we actually left after an hour--he was that bad. But after eating dinner, we bundled him up pertty good and he was ready to head back.

He enjoyed the Enchanted Tiki Room, as did Ann. I'm sure it was a sentimental moment for her because she grandmother used to sing the Tiki Room song with her when Ann was little. That, and "Look for the Union Label" (you young'ans better go look that up).

Image hosting by TinyPic

And being that this is Disneyland's 50th anniversary, they've really gone all out to let you know:

Image hosting by TinyPic

Image hosting by TinyPic

You can't swing a cat in that place without hitting something that reads "50" on it. We didn't buy any souvenirs since there is a Disney's Character Warehouse outlet store near work. They get all the old stuff that the park couldn't move and sell it all at incredibly cheap prices. A quick trip during lunch is as good as going to Disneyland for gifts--only a lot cheaper. Just one of the advangates to living out here in SoCal.

Another thing they have done is decorate some of the attractions in gold. Here I am sitting in a gold teacup:

Image hosting by TinyPic

Here's Ann and the kid in a gold Dumbo:

Image hosting by TinyPic

Another cool thing they've done was create photomosaics from pictures submitted by guests from their trips to Disneyland over the years:

Image hosting by TinyPic

Image hosting by TinyPic

Image hosting by TinyPic

Speaking of trips from years ago, I still have this shirt (but can't find my Captain EO light-up LED visor):

Image hosting by TinyPic

All in all, a memorable trip. And being we're from SoCal, our ticket is good for a future visit to California Adventure, Disneyland's red-headed stepchild! Can't complain too much, I guess!

No comments: