Tuesday, January 03, 2006

What's With That Banner?

You like? I made it myself with Ulead GIF Animator. I may not know Flash, but I can make an animated GIF file in my sleep.

At any rate, why did I do this? Simple. My MP3 player took a dump, so now I need a new one. Will this little referral thing work? I dunno. That's why I'm giving it a try.

I signed up via Freepay and am hoping it works. And sure, I'm skeptical. But let's give it a try, huh?

The easiest one to do is the AOL MusicNow offer. Sign up for a 7-day trial, wander around for a bit, then cancel the order. That's all I did. Now whether that will qualify me for the iPod or not remains to be seen. As of this post, I'm still not qualified, but it can take up to 15 days to do so.

So if you consider helping out yer pal Dave here, do one thing: when you sign up for an offer, make sure to use the same email address that you registered with the Freepay site. Otherwise, you may not get credit for the offer. Also, I'd recommend using a "junk email" account for your sign-in and offers. You will get stuff sent to you--a lot of stuff--and I don't want people yellling at me for that. You've been warned!

I'm willing to give it a shot. But I get the feeling that with tax season right around the corner, I will be buying an iPod before I get a free one. But what have we got to lose, right?

So there's my pitch. I won't speak of it again unless I get my free iPod. And if I do, I'll post pictures.

No comments: